A traditional goulash dish using delicious Quorn Swedish Style Balls, red & green peppers, green beans, sweet potato, tomatoes, paprika & fresh parsley. Topped with a dollop of sour cream & served with a chunk of crusty bread.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 50 Quorn Swedish Style Balls
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 medium red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 2 medium green peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 150g green beans, trimmed and cut into three
- 200g sour cream
- 20g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until the onion is softened. Add the garlic, chilli, sweet potato and peppers and fry gently for a further 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the paprika and cook for a minute then stir in the tomato puree. Pour over the tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil then simmer gently for 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile add the remaining oil to a frying pan and cook the Quorn Swedish Style Balls for 4-5 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add the Quorn Swedish Style Balls and green beans to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked through. Check the seasoning and add salt and black pepper if required.
- Transfer the stoup to warm serving bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of parsley. Serve with warm crusty bread.
Hints & Tips
Any selection of vegetables can be used in the Goulash, try using carrot batons, butternut squash and broccoli as alternatives.
Nutritional Information Per Serving