Topped with a sprinkling of coriander & spring onions.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 30 Quorn Vegan Nuggets
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 300g onions, chopped
• 200g carrots, diced
• 1 tbsp medium curry powder
• 1 tbsp turmeric
• 1 tbsp garam masala
• 1 tsp mild chilli powder
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 litre vegan vegetable stock
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 tbsp light soy sauce
• 3 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
• Salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
• 100g spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
2. Cook the Quorn Vegan Nuggets following the pack instructions.
3. Make the Katsu Sauce: heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and carrot. Cook on a medium to low heat for 8 minutes until softened.
4. Add the spices and garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
5. Pour in the stock and add the bay leaf, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Add the soy sauce and maple syrup or agave nectar and stir. Remove the bay leaf.
7. Put the mixture into a blender and blitz until smooth and thick.
8. Season to taste and serve poured over the Quorn Vegan nuggets, sprinkled with coriander and spring onions.
Hints & Tips
Delicious served with sticky rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving