Scrumptious Quorn Mince, carrots & onions in a rich gravy, topped with
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 38 minutes
• 300g Quorn Mince
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 150g onions, finely diced
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 150g carrots, grated
• 3 tbsp tomato purée
• 2 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
• 200ml vegetable stock
• 1⁄2 tsp dried mixed herbs
• 400g shortcrust pastry
• 1 egg, beaten
1. Heat the oil in a pan and gently cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add
the garlic and grated carrot and continue to cook for a further 3
2. Stir in the Quorn Mince, tomato purée, vegetarian Worcestershire
sauce, vegetable stock and mixed herbs. Cover and simmer gently for
10 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
4. Roll out the pastry thinly on a floured surface and cut out ten circles
to line a muffin tin, large enough so that the pastry overhangs the
holes in the tin, as the pastry will shrink during cooking.
5. Re-roll the pastry and cut ten smaller lids to fit the top of the pies.
Again, cut these larger than the holes in the tin.
6. Fill the pastry cases with the Quorn Mince mixture, pressing it down
7. Brush the rim of the pastry cases with water and put the lids on top.
Crimp firmly around the edges to seal. Neaten up the edges with a
round cutter if necessary.
8. Brush the top of the pies with beaten egg and bake in the oven for
15 - 20 minutes until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
This recipe can also be made as one large pie,
served with vegetarian gravy.