Mouth-watering Quorn Mince with Moroccan style spices & apricots topped with lightly spiced sweet potato mash.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 400g Quorn Mince
- 2kg sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 40g butter
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g onions, finely diced
- 200g carrots, finely diced
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 60g tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 40g dried apricots, chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 150g frozen peas
- 20g cornflour, mixed to a paste with water
- Preheat the oven 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes or until tender, then drain. Return the sweet potato to the pan with butter, seasoning and cinnamon if using and mash.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and diced carrot and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the Quorn Mince and dry spices and cook gently for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring gently to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide the Quorn Mince mixture between 10 individual ovenproof dishes, top with the sweet potato mash and fluff up with a fork. Cook for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and crisp.
Hints & Tips
Try making the mash with parsnips and roasted cumin seeds as an alternative.
Nutritional Information Per Serving