Crunchy raw slaw of carrots, radish & white cabbage with cauliflower rice, topped with a Quorn Vegan Burger & served with a side of pickled watermelon.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1⁄2 small watermelon, chopped into bite sized pieces, seeds removed.
- 2 limes, juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, reduced salt
- 15g coriander, chopped
- 200g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 150g carrots, grated
- 100g radishes, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp plain vegan yogurt alternative
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 800g cauliflower, cut into florets
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- To make the pickled watermelon, place all the ingredients into a large bowl, stir well and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- To make the coleslaw, place the cabbage, carrots and radishes in a large bowl. Mix together the vegan mayonnaise, vegan yoghurt, mustard and seasoning and stir into the vegetables until combined.
- To make the cauliflower rice, place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and process until the cauliflower resembles fine rice. Tip onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until piping hot.
- Brush the Quorn Burgers with the oil and bake for 12-15 minutes or until core temperature is reached.
- To assemble the burger, place an 8cm chefs ring on the serving plate and fill with 80g of the cauliflower rice, pressing it down with the back of a spoon. Remove the ring and repeat with the other 9 serving plates.
- Top each cauliflower rice with lettuce, coleslaw, then the Quorn Burger and finally garnish with pea shoots.
- Using a slotted spoon place a spoonful of watermelon on the side of each plate.
Hints & Tips
As an alternative to the pickled watermelon, try serving with vegetable fries
Nutritional Information Per Serving