Spiced Quorn Mince kofte served on a toasted pitta with mushroom & chickpea quinoa.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 750g Quorn Mince
- 500g courgettes, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g red onion, grated
- 1 tbsp harissa spice mix
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 450g red quinoa
- 200g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 10 pitta bread, toasted
- 200g rocket
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the grated courgette into a bowl, add the salt and set to one side for 30 minutes to allow the salt to draw out the moisture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Quorn Mince, red onion, harissa, garlic powder, eggs and flour until all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Drain the liquid from the courgettes and add them to the kofte mix.
- Form into 10 koftas on metal skewers and place onto a pre- lined baking tray. Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown and core temperature is reached.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan, add the mushrooms and gently fry for 5 minutes. Add the quinoa and chickpeas and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Cut the pitta breads and place a kofte into each one.
- Serve the koftes with the quinoa, mushroom and chickpea mix, rocket and drizzled with Greek yoghurt.
Hints & Tips
Grate and salt the courgette as early as possible to remove more moisture and prevent the koftas being too soft. This can be done the day before. Replace metal skewers with wooden ones but soak for 30 minutes before making up the koftas to prevent them from burning.