Butter Poached Langoustine and Mussel Potato, Spinach and Saffron Broth
- Warm sautee pan add knob of butter and then sweat off half of the shallot and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add wine, bring up to boil then add mussels place lid on and steam shellfish for 3-4 minutes or until all shells have opened (discard any that have not opened).
- Strain through a sieve keeping liquid as this form base to the broth.
- Remove mussel meat from shells and discard shells.
- Wipe out pan add knob of butter and add the other half of the shallot and sweat for 2-3 minutes add the cooking liquor and reduce by half.
- Now add veg stock and reduce by 2/3 then add cream and again reduce by a 1/3).
- Add the diced potatoes and saffron and boil for a few minutes.
- Now add peas, courgettes, spinach and tomato and warm through.
- In a non stick pan heat a teaspoon of vegetable oil then add fish skin side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes until skin is crispy. Turn fish over add 10g butter take pan off heat and allow residual heat of pan to finish the cooking.
- Blanch the langoustine for a few seconds in boiling water, then remove the meat from the shells. To poach the tails bring the butter up to 65°C remove from the heat and add the tails allow them slowly to heat through.
- Finally add mussels and parsley check seasoning and serve in a large bowl with the fish on top and garnish with your butter poached langoustine.