Authentic Indian spiced Quorn kheema, wrapped and deep fried, served with salsa, guacamole & pico de gallo.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
- 500g Quorn Pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 10 vegan wraps
- Ready-made guacamole
- Ready-made pico de gallo
- Ready-made tomato salsa
- To make the curry paste; use a mortar and pestle or a food processor, crush the garlic, ginger and green chilli into a coarse paste.
- Pour the coconut milk into a large saucepan, heat gently and then add the onion, coriander and curry paste. Season with salt and ground black pepper and sauté until the onion starts to turn transparent.
- Add the tomatoes and the garam masala. Sauté for 5 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break down.
- Add the Quorn Pieces and carrot and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes. Mix well, add 200ml water, cover, and let the Quorn cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the peas and desiccated coconut and cook for 2-3 minutes until piping hot.
- When the filling mixture has cooled down slightly place a large spoonful in the centre of each wrap then fold up like a spring roll and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Deep fry the chimichanga for 3-4 minutes until golden and piping hot, then remove carefully with a slotted spoon and drain. Remove the cocktail sticks.
- Serve the Chimichanga hot with a side portion of guacamole, salsa and Pico de gallo.
Hints & Tips
The Chimichanga can also be brushed with oil and oven baked.