Sweet chilli marinated Quorn Pieces, stir-fried until golden with crisp oriental style vegetables & egg noodles.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 500g Quorn Pieces, defrosted
• 80g fresh ginger, peeled and grated
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 4 tbsp soy sauce, reduced salt
• 200g sweet chilli sauce
• 400g dried medium egg noodles
• 2 tbsp tomato puree
• 200ml vegetable stock
• 3 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 red, yellow and green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
• 200g carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
• 6 spring onions, chopped diagonally
• Ground white pepper
1. Place the ginger and garlic into a bowl with 2 tbsp soy sauce and 100g of sweet chilli sauce. Add the Quorn Pieces and stir to combine. Place in the fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook as directed on the pack then drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool and prevent the noodles cooking any further.
3. In a bowl combine the remaining soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, tomato puree and vegetable stock.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat, add the Quorn Pieces and fry until browned on the outside, 3 - 4 minutes. Remove the Quorn Pieces and place into a bowl.
5. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the peppers and carrot and stir fry for 4 - 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened. Then add half of the spring onions to the pan along with the Quorn Pieces and sauce mixture. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
6. Drain the noodles and add them into your frying pan, stir together and cook for 2 minutes or until the noodles are piping hot. Divide between your noodle pots and sprinkle over the remaining spring onions.
Try adding other vegetables such as mangetout, sugar snaps or beansprouts. For a little more heat add some fresh red chillies. For a grab and go option serve in a take away box.